P.O. Box 330
3550 Graham Ave.
Silver Springs, NV 89429
P R E A
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
Western Nevada Regional Youth Center has a Zero Tolerance Policy against all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. The protection of the facility’s youth against all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment is important. All employees, staff, clients, contract employees, contract services personnel, volunteers and visitors are subject to the Zero Tolerance Policy.
HOW TO REPORT
Clients of the facility have the right to report sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, free from retaliation and consequence. WNRYC offers multiple ways to report sexual abuse and sexual harassment. Reports can be made anonymously.:
- Direct reporting to any staff, volunteer, contractor, medical, or mental health staff.
- Use of the Day-room grievance box.
- Written correspondence to a specific staff member.
- Report to the PREA Coordinator.
- Report to your Juvenile Probation Officer
- Tell a family member, friend, legal counsel, or anyone else outside the facility. They can report on your behalf by calling Lyon County Sheriff’s office (775) 577-5020 or through the Incident Report Form.
- PREA phone located in the Group Room
- Request to speak to the Director
- You can also submit a report on someone’s behalf, or someone at the facility can report for you using the ways listed here.
Parents or other third parties may report on behalf of a client, using the Incident Report Form. Clients receive PREA Education, about their protection of sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
When a complaint rises to the level of an internal investigation it will be assigned to a designated individual. All criminal investigations will be referred to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office. If the Sheriff’s Office declines to investigate, WNRYC will initiate an Administrative Investigation.
All clients have an equal opportunity to participate in or benefit from all aspects of the facility’s efforts to prevent, detect, and respond to sexual abuse and sexual harassment. Material is provided in various formats that ensure effective communication with all clients, including clients with disabilities.
Victim Support Services
WNRYC has partnered with Crisis Support Services of Nevada to provide survivors of sexual abuse with emotional support services. To access these services, contact (775) 784-8090